Saturday, August 22, 2015

Call me hypocrite #1



I'm often called a hypocrite... Well actually not to my face and I’m sure it’s more often than I could imagine since I am a never married single mom who is involved in my Church. But besides that every time people call pro-lifers hypocrites and those who actually believe the teachings of the Catholic Church hypocrites... Well they’re talking about me. And in reality I am because I'm a sinner but I at least recognize or at least strive to recognize my faults and strive to find truth even if it's hard to bear and may require me to change. I also like logic... And live my life out to live out the logic I believe in... However, I am most baffled and saddened by a certain group of people... those who scream #blacklivesmatter & in the next breath #standwithPP or #abortionwithoutapology...

 















I could only imagine the dialogue that would go on in one’s head when justifying these two statements. And imagine I did so this is how I would imagine someone would think trying to justify to themselves these two thoughts…Because they say black lives matter but then immediately have to retract that statement immediately when it comes to abortion.

“Black lives matter!!! Well actually only if you have been born... And ok sometimes not even then because if your mom tried to abort you but you were born alive it’s ok that you starve to death or don't receive lifesaving treatment, or that the doctor just slit your throat or cut your spinal cord, because at that point your life doesn't matter... And really your body parts matter more because they can be used for research once you've been terminated... buuuuuut if you can survive an abortion and aren't starved or someone gives you lifesaving treatment or maybe the abortionist missed you while suctioning out your twin during the abortion well then, then your life matters. But before that really just your body parts are important because you’re not really human before then... But what's really neat is that even though you're not human in the womb, before #blacklivesmatter actually pertains to you, we can use your body parts and DNA to humanize mice. We can use your DNA to make vaccines for actual humans, but don't get it twisted little fetus you are not a human no no, you are not human unless your mother wants you, oooor if you survive an abortion and don't die right away, only then, only then are you a person and will I shout for you #blacklivesmatter."

If #blacklives really mattered to you, you would not only be able to see the racism involved many times in the way African Americans are treated in the “justice” system but you would also be able to see it when it comes to abortion. In 2012 more African American babies were aborted then born in NYC. African American abortions accounted for 37% in the US (I have also seen this number at 30%) of all abortions yet African American men and women only make up 13% of our population. This statistic mirrors the numbers for African American men inprison. When we see that prison rate we know there is something wrong with the system and we even call it racist, so why can’t we see there is something amiss when it comes to abortion as well? You would also be able to see that abortion is playing a major role in the fact that the African American community in the US has fallen below “replacement level”. Not enough children are being born to replace the current population, their community is shrinking!!  

When I found out I was pregnant, the father of my child was in jail, I didn’t have a job, I had been kicked out of my brother’s house and was living with my parents and in general my life was in a downward spiral. I know the fear of an unintended pregnancy. But the difference between me and many women that have abortions is that I had a support system. I had people who were willing to help me get a job, finish school, help take care of my child. We need those same support systems in place for women who cannot find that in their homes or communities… I myself am not sure how to do this…I am still a single, full time working more than one job, single mother. Every day is a struggle, but my daughter is shining light in that struggle. I would’ve still struggled if I had chosen death for her…more than likely my alcohol and drug use would have escalated and I can only imagine where I would be now if it hadn’t been for that little child growing inside of me.  I know I would not have finished school, she was my reason for finishing and I wouldn’t have taken the job that lead to my current full time position.

Abortion is not the answer. Killing our children is not the answer.
#allblacklivesmatter #nomatterhowsmall #allhumanlifematters #fromconceptiontonaturaldeath


No comments:

Post a Comment